Given the chance, you’d probably like to make every Christmas the best Christmas ever. But what exactly do you do to make it happen? Do you plan every detail to make it a year to remember? Or do you simply follow the same basic routine, year after year?
While there’s nothing anyone can do to guarantee a white Christmas, there’s a lot you can do to make it an incredible Christmas for you and your loved ones. It’s simply a case of making the most of every moment and soaking up the spirit from start to finish.
Here’s a quick rundown of ten top tips for making the most of Christmas in 2019:
- Enjoy the build-up. Start planning early, getting to the Christmas spirit weeks before the big day and put your decorations up as early as you like. Seriously – there’s no such thing as too early to get started with the Christmas prepping!
- Christmas movies. There’s nothing quite like a bunch of classic Christmas movies to get you well and truly into the Christmas spirit. Consider organising a special Christmas movie night with friends and family, maybe serving up a few festive-inspired treats to really set the mood.
- Read Christmas books. If you’ve younger children about the place, take the opportunity to start reading Christmas stories in the weeks running up to Christmas. Chances are, they’ll I have just as big of an impact on you!
- Contact Santa Claus. There’s no better time than right now to organise a personalised message from the big guy himself. Arrange for a personalised Santa letter or even a video message from Santa Claus to be delivered in the run-up to Christmas and magic moments are guaranteed.
- Hit the High Street. Shopping online for Christmas gifts is quicker and easier, but lacks the ceremony and tradition of the real thing. Hit the High Street, take in the decorations and immerse yourself in all-things festive.
- New traditions. One of the best ways of making it a Christmas to remember is to make it the year you start your own traditions from scratch. It doesn’t have to be anything particularly complicated – perhaps just organise an annual meeting of family and friends in a nearby café.
- Do something selfless. Christmas is a time when everyone should do something for those less fortunate. Not only does the occasional selfless gesture help those in need, but it’s also a great way of embracing the Christmas spirit and making it a year to remember.
- Wrap it up. This year, don’t just throw your gifts together as quickly as possible at the last minute. Swap out the usual production line for a creative and thoughtful approach to gift wrapping. Put your heart and soul into it – you can rest assured it will be appreciated.
- Go nuts in the kitchen. Whatever type of Christmas dinner you prefer, make sure you really go for it this year. Get creative in the kitchen, research inspiring recipes online and serve up the kind of feast you’ll all be talking about for years to come.
- Embrace the madness. Last but not least, don’t make the mistake of letting a few setbacks and slipups here and there spoil the experience. Christmas is quintessentially chaotic, so it’s best just to sit back and enjoy the ride!
And there you have it – 10 simple yet effective ways of making Christmas 2019 a Christmas to remember!